Thursday, April 8, 2010

Upcoming Half Marathon

I've got another half marathon scheduled for Saturday, the Eisenhower Half Marathon in Abilene, Kansas.  I'm feeling very confident about this race.  My training over the last couple of months has been plagued with ITBS, but I feel I'm almost over that, and over the last 2 weeks, I've definitely been able to run very strong.  I've run 6 miles at my goal PR pace, and felt I had a lot more to give.  I'm hoping that the adrenaline from race day, along with the other runners, will help pull me along.  My super secret goal is to get a seeded corral for the Chicago Marathon this fall.  That would be 1:50.  I'd probably be just as happy with a new PR with anything between 1:50 and 1:55.  The weather looks nearly perfect, nice cool temperatures, clear skies.  I'll be running into the wind and uphill the first half, then turn around and run downhill with the wind at my back for the second half.  That should be ideal conditions I think for a nice negative split.  Legs and knees feel 100% right now, and I'm praying that everything will come together for a blessed run.

No comments:

Post a Comment