Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Milestones...And Injuries

When I woke up this morning (after a hard workout yesterday), I was pretty sore. Took awhile to get my body moving again. After dropping my daughter off at school, then doing some Internet browsing on Geocaching, I headed back to the gym this morning for round two. Today, I was able to run for 25 minutes nonstop, running about 2.5 miles, at a constant 5.3 mph pace! I felt a sense of accomplishment after completing the workout. In fact, I finished strong, and felt I could have gone longer, but decided to not push it.

However, about 3 minutes into the run, I had an immediate, sharp, stabbing pain in my mid/lower right abdomen, right under my ribcage. The sharp pain faded to a low dull ache through the remainder of the run, and is still tender this evening. In fact, had another attack about 2 hours after that too. Not sure what I did, but it sure hurt for awhile, but I was able to run through it. Probably pulled a small muscle in my abdomen, not totally sure. It's not my appendix since I've already had it removed. I've had this type of pain before, and often thought it might be a mild form of gall bladder attack based on Internet searches.

Anyhow, after a 30 minute period of relaxation in the sauna, I stepped on the scale to reveal 155lbs! That's the lowest weight I've ever been (not accounting for when I grew up and went past this weight the first time). Granted, that's after sweating out a lot of water in the sauna so it's probably just a little one the low side, but I did wake up at home this morning at 157. Sure wish I'd lose the fat in my belly roll though, instead of everyplace else, since as it is, my ribs really starting to show, and I still have this belly roll that makes me feel (and look), well fat. Duh.

So, it was a day of milestones. I ran for 25 minutes straight (2.5 miles), weighed 155lbs at the end of my workout, but also experienced some kind of injury and mild pain in my abdomen, and it still hurts this evening. And why exactly am I doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment