Sunday, April 12, 2009

32.3 Miles This Week

Another week closer to our race, which is just now 3 weeks from today. The past week has been busy with 5 out 7 days spent running. This was the first week in a long time that I've had some significant pain while running, mainly in my ankles. I first thought it might have been my new shoes, but now attribute it to just being stiff and sore, and continuing to ramp up my weekly mileage. After a couple of miles, I was able to run through the the pain as all my joints got well lubricated. The week end in a 12.1 mile long, slow run on Friday morning. It felt great, (after the first couple of miles that is). While I was sore after the run, it wasn't anything uncontrollable, and I felt a shear sense of accomplishment. One more hard week is in store, with a weekly mileage log of about 34 miles hopefully, with a long slow run of 13.1 miles. Then, the following week, I'll probably keep about the same distance, but then do a significant taper the week of the race to be as strong as possible for race day. It's hard to believe that I've been training now for 12 full weeks, but also awesome to see how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment