Sunday, April 26, 2009

33.7 Miles This Week

Finishing my 14th week of training for my upcoming Half Marathon, I ran 33.7 miles this last week. I did another run of 13.1 miles on Friday, and finished strong, despite temperatures climbing into the mid 70s by the end of the run. It was getting hot, very hot. I don't have any major aches and pains, and feel good about the race next weekend.  I just wish it were here, I'm getting anxious to just go out and run.

Now, on the flip side, I've been very healthy over the previous 14 weeks, having not been sick even once. I think the running really strengthens your immune system. But, unfortunately, just 1 week out, I'm now getting sick. Ugh. My throat is sore, so who knows what I might be getting. I've stressed myself out a little over the last couple of days, burning the candle at both ends, and maybe some stupid bug got in. Just have to battle through and run my race no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment