Monday, October 19, 2009

Marathon Recovery Day 1

While I am very sore today, it's not necessarily pain, just that my leg muscles are extremely stiff.  That's normal, although, it's becoming apparent that I probably didn't run the marathon yesterday as hard as I could have. I can walk up and down stairs OK, just very slowly, so that's a good thing.  I did arrange with my boss a few weeks ago to day a day of sick leave today, and he had no problem with that.

So, I've just been at home, taking it easy, and I did manage to go for a very slow walk around the block, which was about 3/4 of a mile.  Slow at first, but once I get moving, it's much better.  I've also used the Stick every once in awhile to roll my muscles, which also helps to keep extra blood flowing. I also plan to hit the gym later tonight to get a hot tub soak in, which will help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment