Thursday, October 22, 2009

OMG, What Have I Done?

After some serious thought, and debating back and forth, I decided to do another marathon yet this year. I checked at work to see if I could get the time off, and also found a cheap plane ticket, so decided to do the Rock n Roll Las Vegas Marathon on December 6th.  I just have this nagging feeling that I could have done better in my first marathon attempt.  This is 6 1/2 weeks away, and should give me enough time to recover, then train hard for about 3 weeks, and do another taper.  I think I'm officially nuts, and perhaps should have let this go, but I just can't.  I'm not sure why, but it's something I've just got to give one more try.

I did manage a very easy 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym yesterday, and did 2.5 easy miles before work this morning, and I'm definitely getting my legs back.  Will close out the week with some additional easy recovery miles, then get back into it full swing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment