Sunday, October 25, 2009

Marathon Recovery Week 1

I managed about 6 miles on the treadmill at the gym yesterday, and did 9 miles today on a neighborhood loop with a 9:32 pace so my legs are definitely feeling good.  That's 24.2 miles total for the week, which had a blend of walking and running, so I'm happy with that.  However, I'm having a lack of motivation about the next race that I signed up for in December, and am now having regrets about doing so.  I guess it's still just part of the recovery process, I hope.  The Las Vegas marathon is a Rock n Roll event, so that should make it fun, and I'm even toying with the idea of running it for fun instead of trying to PR, and also thinking about joining the Running Elvi.  They are trying to set a record, and it sounds like a lot of fun.  It's Vegas, and to run as Elvis seems like such a goofy idea, I just might do it! Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment