Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another PT Visit

Another PT visit today, same routine, just a different day.  Full round of ionophoresis (ultrasound), an Empi patch (iontophoresis), and out the door.  Since the pain is nearly gone, I don't think I'll have many more visits, at least that's what I'm thinking right now.  It seems that I'm getting a real handle on the pain, what caused it, how to treat it, and how to manage it.  When I'm running, if I feel the pain coming on in the insertion point on the lateral (outside) of my knee, I just stop and stretch my left hamstring, and also do an ITB stretch for my left hip.  That usually helps keep the pain at a minimum during my run, and I can keep going.  The pain is much, much better than it has been, but still there from time to time.  I also ice my knee after every run, no matter what!  Keeping the inflammation to a manageable point is the most important thing.  There is no pain during normal activities, like bike riding, walking, etc, so as long as I just keep doing what I'm doing, I think I'll be OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment