Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Joined My Local Running Club

I decided to join my local running club, mainly to get some companionship during my long runs.  I'm a loner mostly, and do all my runs on my own.  I have no problem with that, other than the fact that my long runs are now starting to increase into the mid teens, and eventually will head toward 20-22 miles by the end of my training plan.  While I know I can continue to do it on my own, I also question whether it might not be helpful to join the distance training club, in hopes that they will help pull me along.

The club has been meeting every Wednesday night for midweek runs, and every Sunday morning for long runs since April, and will continue through the fall.  Even though I'm a couple of months late, it will still be beneficial as we move through the remainder of the summer and into fall, and it might be good to connect with some local folks to make some new friendships.

The Wednesday night meetings typically include a guest speaker, providing various running-related topics of discussion.  While I've learned a great deal about running over the previous 6 months, I'm still a newb, and there's always something more to pick up on.  Membership to the Omaha Running Club is $20 per year, not a bad deal at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment