Sunday, March 28, 2010

4 Personal Record Weeks in a Row

My legs may think I'm a little nuts, but I've just completed 4 buildup weeks in a row, culminating in 42.0, 51.0, 52.4, 60.4, and 62.4 miles each successive week.  That's definitely a PR in itself, and also just completed my 50th day of running in a row. Overall I'm feeling OK, although my right knee hurts quite a bit, but it does seem to be getting a lot better too. I have a few other minor aches, but that's perfectly acceptable for as much running as I'm doing.  My speeds have really increased, going from an average weekly pace of 9:37, to 9:26, to 9:34, to 9:19, and finally 9:09.  In other words, even though the mileage feels like a part time job sometimes (my wife would probably agree), it seems to be paying dividends that hopefully I can cash in during any one of my upcoming half marathon races.  I'm shooting for 1:50 if at all possible so I can get a position in the seeded race corral in the Chicago Marathon this fall.  Running is good right now, and while I've got the time, I need to use it to keep pushing harder, faster, further, and longer while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment