Wednesday, May 13, 2009

400 Career Miles

I surpassed the 400-mile mark in my running career today, an awesome accomplishment! I'm taking another taper week this week, in preparation for my next half marathon race this coming Sunday. Nice, slow runs this week, with about half my normal mileage, easing down in distance each day. Friday and Saturday will be full rest days, and also carb-loading days, to store enough fuel and energy for the race. I'm still not sure if I'll race the event on Sunday, or just run it for fun, it will all depend on how my legs feel, and whether I feel I've got enough kick to put the hammer down. In the end, it won't really matter, it should be a really fun event, and that's the most important thing! I ran on the treadmill indoors yesterday since it was raining outside. Ugh, I hate running on the treadmill now, especially since I've been running outside so much. The time on the treadmill just passes so slowly for me, versus when I'm outdoors. I think I'll have to learn how to be a cold weather runner so I won't have to be on the treadmill so much this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment