Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ah, That Feels Better

After a good rest day yesterday (Ok, I did do a ton of yardwork, but no running), I decided to get back out on the road today. After waking up, I felt really good, and nearly all the aches and pains have disappeared. After lunch, I headed out for another nice, easy jog. But, I felt so good, I was able to pick up my pace to my normal speed, with no major problems. That felt really good, knowing that my recovery is in full swing, and my body is repairing the damage that I did to my muscles on Sunday. I ran in the heat of the afternoon, with temperatures in the mid 70s. While it was warm, it felt good to get a really good sweat going, and I cranked out 3 1/2 miles. Ahh, it felt wonderful. I also bought a running moisture-wicking visor to help shield sun off my face. I decided against a normal hat since I've heard it can trap heat on these really hot runs. I still don't want to run too hard, or too long yet, as I want my muscles to return to their full capacity without putting too much stress on them. Slow and steady build back, and I should be stronger than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment