Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pro Tec ITB Strap

Since my knee is still hurting pretty badly, and I still want (need) to run, I decided to try out an ITB strap.  Now this isn't really a solution to my problem, more of a bandaid if you will, but at least it will help get me through the pain.  Essentially, it's a strap that you wrap around your knee, slightly above the insertion point of the ITB (where the pain occurs).  This is supposed to keep your ITB from vibrating too much, or to keep the ITB from bouncing flopping against the bone, which should help alleviate some of the inflammation.  Again, it's not the solution, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.  While there are a couple of different brands, the most common one that I've seen is the Pro Tec band.  But, they all work the same way, as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment