Sunday, May 10, 2009

One Week Post-Race

Well, running during the last week has mostly been light and easy to aid recovery, since I ran a hard race last weekend. Overall, I feel I'm well rested, and have recovered as much as I'm able. In fact, today, I did a long run around 11 miles, and it felt really good.

I also bought new shoes, since my 2nd toes on each of my feet were cramped last week when my feet swelled, so shoes 1/2 size bigger really helped. I wasn't excited about buying new shoes, but feet are important. I was a little worried about the shoes being too big, but I just used the top-most eyelets to snug the shoes up a little more.  I normally wear a size 12 shoe, but for running, size 12 1/2 will be much better.

The weather was cool this morning, with just a slight breeze, but the run felt great. I did forget to take my bottle of Gatorade with me, but found that I did fine without it. For upcoming training, I do have another half marathon in Denver in mid June, so I need to get back into the saddle of doing hard training. To that end, there is another half marathon race in Papillion next weekend, and I believe I will run it, but not race it. It's a good opportunity to do my long run. Of course, I say I don't intend to race it now, but race day adrenalin may change that. It's a small race with only 300 runners or so, and if I feel good, I just might try to put the hammer down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment