Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did a New Type of Run Today, and a Double

After the half marathon race on Sunday, I've felt strong. I did an easy 2 mile recovery run on Monday, and a nice 4 mile tempo run yesterday, and everything is feeling good. Today, I did a progression run, where I gradually increase my pace during the run. I started at a pace around 9:05, and ended 6 miles later around 8:05. It was a fairly hard run for me, but in the end, I felt terrific. And tonight, I opted to do an easy run with my local running club for the weekly Wednesday night run, making this my first double day since last September. Total for the day was 10.6, and again, I feel great. Hopefully, I'll get many more days like this in, which should help me to get closer to a 1:50 half. 1:50 is the time I need to get into a seeded corral at the Chicago marathon this fall, so I'm going to try as hard as I can to make it. Ahh, I love running. I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment