Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OMG, I've Lost It

Well, I've committed myself to running a few more races this year.  I've been thinking about these for awhile, and after looking at the calendar, decided to stop hemming and hawing and just signed up.  Yes, I may have lost it, but what else is new?

So, for right now, I signed up for the Eisenhower Half Marathon in early April.  This fits into my training schedule quite nicely, and fits into my personal schedule even better.  This will also help check off another state, and will give me a good tune up race before my Marathon in early May.  Plus, they have a free pancake feed after the race, so how could I pass that up? :))

The next race that I signed up for is the Swan Lake Christian Camp Half Marathon in Viborg, SD.  Again, this fits nicely into my personal schedule, and should be a good stepping stone for starting my formal training for the Chicago Marathon later this year.  And, it checks off another state!  Do you see a pattern.

Regarding Marathon, Yes, I did officially register for the Chicago Marathon, on 10/10/10.  While that's still many, many months away, I didn't want to pass up this opportunity.  I'm in!

Other races that I'm thinking about include the San Francisco Half Marathon in late July.  I'm trying to convince my wife to run this with me, as it would be her first race back after having Haglund's surgery on both feet last year. Plus, how could we pass up the chance to run on the Golden Gate Bridge.  Hmm, could be an expensive weekend, but it's only money, right? Ha.

And finally, if I do run the San Francisco half, I'd be a fool to not run the Long Beach half marathon in mid October, to complete the California Dreamin Race series.  While it's only 1 week after Chicago, I'd love the chance to earn a free jacket and a cool limited edition medal, just to say why not. 

That should about cover it.  I don't think I'd have any money to do any more running the rest of the year. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment