Sunday, February 21, 2010

Two Banner Weeks

I feel like my running has really moved to the next level over the last couple of weeks, and it's a good feeling. Two weeks ago, I managed to run 39 miles, which was a huge personal achievement for me, considering my injury back in December, and especially since it was the week after my hard half at Surf City. That was a huge momentum shift for me, and I carried it through this week and managed to run 45 miles. This week has been my second best week ever for running, and I'm feeling great. I've done a couple of doubles this week, a couple of medium long runs, and a good long run that was hard, but a good morale booster for me.

Do I have a new personal mileage record in my legs for this coming week? We'll see. 48 miles in early September of last year is my PR, and I think I've got a legitimate shot at meeting or exceeding that this week.

Running is hard, and finding the time to run this many miles is sometimes harder. But it's so worth it. I love running, and the more I run, the more I want to run. I've joked that running for me is quite possibly an obsession, and literally a borderline addiction. My speeds are improving now that I'm healthy, and it's a good feeling, so I see no reason to hold back now. Distance is king dong, and as long as I can continue to put up good numbers and remain injury free, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment