Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Streaking

Ok, I'm not talking about taking your clothes off and running through the neighborhood. I'm talking about consecutive days of running at least 1 mile or more. Up to this point, I never really considered streaking as I like my rest days. Typically, I run 5 days a week, and would take a full day of rest on the off days, possibly with some cross training thrown in. After the recommendation of an online running friend, I decided to give streaking a try, running just a couple of very easy miles on my off days. These very easy runs are run at recovery pace (or slower), and primarily just flush your legs with a healthy supply of blood, and provide no other real benefits as far as I know.

I have to say, I'm on day 18 of my running streak, and everything is feeling great. My legs are feeling strong, my knees don't hurt, and overall, I'm excited about the next run. My friend has been streaking since the beginning of the year. To become officially recognized, you have to streak for an entire year. Wow, that seems like a long time. I envision at some point, life will get in the way, and I may not have the time or the desire to continue the streak. But surely, I can find 10 minutes each day to get er done. I don't have a treadmill at home, so it could prove to be a challenge on some days where I truly don't have the time. Hmm, maybe that's my excuse to get a treadmill afterall. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment