Sunday, December 27, 2009

Intense Stretching Routine Starts Tomorrow

I've still been battling ITBS in my right leg.  Last week, I thought I might have turned a corner, as a couple of my jogs were relatively pain free.  But, it was short lived as I still have pain in my knee when I run, and it's all a result of straining my ITB during the marathon, I'm positive of that.  Granted, the marathon was only 3 weeks ago (almost seems like a lifetime ago, weird), so I'm still in recovery mode from that no doubt.

But, a new marathon training cycle is supposed to begin tomorrow, and I've got a half marathon race in Huntington Beach, CA in 6 weeks.  I was able to run 5 miles today, and I don't have a doubt that I can finish this upcoming HM race, but I really need to get rid of this ITBS.  I think I may also consider going back to the PT, to make sure to get the right combination of stretches to help facilitate healing.

For once, I'd like to have a solid marathon training cycle without any injuries and do an intense training program, but that may have to wait for my fall marathon.

Also, regarding long term goals, even though I've only got intentions of doing 2 marathons this year, since I want to focus on quality rather than quantity this year, perhaps next year, I might try to run a marathon a each month.  That would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment