Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh My Aching Back

Well, after about 12" of snow yesterday, 50 mph wind gusts, and 24 straight hours of working, I finally made it home today. Unfortunately, I sent my snowblower in for repairs last week, so ended up scooping out our driveway manually.  It had drifted shut, and it took several hours of scooping to finally clear an 8-foot wide path to the street.  Since I could not get into my subdivision initially because the snow was so deep, I tried later in the day to retrieve my car from the main highway, and promptly got my car high-centered in the street in a mound of snow.  Doh.  It took about 1 1/2 hours of digging under the car to finally get it free.  Then, when the snow plow finally came by later in the evening, he knocked the 6' mound of snow I had created at the end of my driveway back into my clear, open path, so I had to scoop it out again. Eii Yii Yii.  At the end of the day, my muscles were very sore, and my back was killing me. Snow shoveling is definitely a great form of cross training exercise, I just hope I don't have to do any more of it for long while.


No comments:

Post a Comment