Friday, December 25, 2009

Running Through a Blizzard?

Today, we've experienced a historical Christmas blizzard.  I was trapped at work till late last night, but got out just in time before the roads were plugged for good.  So, was able to spend Christmas with my family, tucked away safely at home, and enjoying the snow.  We've gotten 10-12" of snow so far, with 5-6 foot drifts.  It's been amazing.

Earlier today, I decided to suit up and go for a blizzard run, mainly just to say I "did" it.  I got a pair of CWX Insulator tights, and really wanted to try them out.  With a couple of layers up top, hat, gloves, and some smartwool socks, I headed out.  I only did a 1 mile loop around our neighborhood, and that was all I could take.  Running through foot-deep snow drifts is a lot harder than I thought, and my lungs were starting to burn since the wind chill was only 2 degrees. Winds gusting to about 30 mph, light snow falling, 12" of snow on the ground, it was priceless, and something I just "had" to do.

Merry Christmas, hope everyone got some great running gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment