Monday, November 9, 2009

36.2 Miles This Week

The week rounded out pretty well, with 36.2 miles in the log.  And, the runs the last couple of days seemed to go pretty well, with no major cramping, or Hypoglycemia.  All in all, I'm pleased, and feel I'm back on track for my next marathon attempt in 4 weeks in Las Vegas.  I was getting a little worried that I had lost my running mojo, and was concerned with whether I'd be ready to do another marathon so soon.  But, even though I hit a mini wall during my 16 mile long run today, I was able to push past that.  It was mostly a mental wall, not necessarily a physical one, so that's good.  I've got one more hard week, then will begin a 3 week taper to the race.  Since I don't have a lot of experience in this (back to back marathons in a short amount of time), I'm not sure how it will all work out, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Today was also World Running Day.  I'm a little embarrassed that I forgot all about it today.  I remember reading something on the Runner's World chat boards a couple of weeks ago, but it totally slipped my mind.  At least I got out and contributed my part, even though I wasn't aware of it. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment