Monday, November 23, 2009

Post Marathon Recovery Day 1

I expected to be very sore this morning after the marathon yesterday, but actually, I think I'm better than I was after Des Moines.  Although, my quads are much more sore today than last time, as are my knees, but everything else feels pretty good with no major aches or pains. I think the dip in the cold pool water at the gym after the marathon yesterday helped a lot too.

So, overall, today hasn't been that bad.  I went to the gym to soak in the hot tub for awhile this afternoon, and also managed to do about 20 minutes of light swimming/water walking, which felt really good.  My right knee is still pretty sore, but I don't think I've hurt anything, it's just going to take another day or two.  And, I decided to forgo the post marathon massage, I just don't think I need it.

Two states down, 48 to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment