Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cramping Solution

After seeking guidance on the Runner's World forums about the cramps that I've been experiencing, a couple of folks suggested that it could be other minerals that might be lacking in my system, such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium.  And while there's really no way to measure that, taking an extra supplement can't hurt.  We'll see if it helps.  I also bought a bottle of Edurolytes, which contains small amounts of the above minerals, in addition to a few others, so may start taking that before my longer runs.  While I'm positive the cramping during the marathon 3 weeks ago was a result of muscle fatigue, pushing them past their limits, the cramping that I've been experiencing lately on my shorter runs most definitely seems to be a mineral imbalance, at least that's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment