Saturday, November 28, 2009

Can't Believe I've Got Another Marathon in 1 Week

It's beginning to sink in that I've got to run one more marathon in just 1 week.  I'm not sure my body is up to the task, or my mind for that matter.  After running a hard race last week, I have done some running this week, but only about 12 miles, at a nice recovery pace.  The thought of having to run another 26.2 miles, in just 1 week is a little daunting.  My main goal for doing this is to achieve Marathon Maniac Status, which at a minimum, requires 2 marathons within 16 days, or 3 within 90 days.  Ideally, a newby would not push it this much.  Does it mean anything that I get into the Marathon Maniacs?  Am I really a maniac, deserving of their prestigious status?  Or, should I just run the HM, so I don't risk injury by doing too much, too fast, too soon.  The practical side in me says don't run the full, but the foolish side in me tells me to go for it, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. If I give myself one more taper week, I think I'll physically be to a point that I can run it at a nice, slow pace, but definitely not race it.  Will my mind follow suit?  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment