Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gobbler's Grind

I've been thinking about this for a little bit, and finally committed (or should I be committed) to the race today, the last day for online registration.  I intended to run 14 or 15 this weekend, as my last long run before my next race in Vegas.  But, I've had this nagging thought in the back of my mind that if I were able to do the last 11 miles of the Gobbler at a very slow, run/walk pace, that it wouldn't really hurt me, and by doing that, I could qualify for Marathon Maniac status.  Not that it really means anything, but just a fun way to publicly proclaim that I am indeed a bit of a nut. A running nut. So, I'm in. I actually recover pretty well from long run, so in the end, by running the last 1/3 dog slow, I think I'll be good.  We'll see in another 2 1/2 weeks at Vegas, and who knows, I may just crash and burn.  But, it's a gamble I'm willing to take.  Gobbler Grind Marathon in Overland, KS, the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  Wait.  What?!?  What did I just do?  See, a nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment