Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another Episode of Reactive Hypoglycemia

It happened again today, I had a sugar crash (hypoglycemia) during a run.  The run today though was during the mid afternoon, but I did not have anything super-sweet before the run, only a piece of banana bread.  About 1 1/2 miles into the run, I got those same symptoms that I had last week, only not as bad.  Slightly light-headedness, a cold sweat, slightly blurred vision, a little shaky, and my legs immediately felt like they had absolutely no fuel. I had to drop down to a walk, and walked for the next 1/2 mile or so, until it leveled itself out.  I did not have anything with me to eat or drink, and thankfully, it passed pretty quickly. Since this is happening more frequently lately, I'm definitely going to make sure I have some hard candy (Jolly Ranchers) with me on all my runs, to try and prevent this.  I really don't think this is a precursor to any type of diabetic diagnosis, it's just that I'm highly reactive to insulin levels in my body right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment