Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Decided to Not Run Today

Gasp, I decided to not run today, even though I should have logged at least a couple of miles.  And now, I'm feeling somewhat guilty that I wasted the opportunity, especially considering that the average person can possibly consume upwards of 3000 calories at a typical Thanksgiving meal.

Why didn't I run?  Well, I made excuses, and frankly, I'm not happy about that.  I've been working the midnight shift, and my sleep hasn't been that great this week.  Plus, I've had to cut my sleep short 2 days this week to attend extra meetings at work during the daytime. And, it was cold, blustery, and quite windy tonight when I should have run, and my knee joints were hurting just a little bit.  Excuses.  I tried to rationalize with myself that I'd feel much better after a 30 minute run, but I opted for a nap on the couch instead.

Some days, despite our best intentions, you just need a break.  Skipping a 3 mile run today, in the grand scale, is meaningless at this point.  I do have another marathon to run in 10 days, so I need to make sure I keep moving, but at the same time, I just ran a hard marathon 4 days ago, and do need some rest. It's a delicate balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment