Sunday, November 29, 2009

Last Long Run Before Vegas

10.1 miles today, run and done.  This is my last long run before the Vegas Marathon next weekend, and overall, I felt OK today, although, the first couple of miles weren't that great.  But, I was able to end the run at a fairly past pace.  I still don't think I'll be able to race it next weekend in Vegas, but if I can just do what I did today, and keep going for another 16 miles, it might just be a good run afterall.

I'm also toying with my schedule for my next marathon training cycle, which begins 12/28/09.  That will give me 3 recovery weeks after Vegas, which should fit right in.  My plan is to run the Lincoln, NE marathon in early May, and then run the Chicago, IL Marathon in October, and ideally, by then, I'd like to shoot for a sub 4 hour finish time.  We'll see.

1 comment: