Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cramping...WTF

Until now, I haven't had much trouble with cramping during my runs.  However, during the marathon, my hamstrings did cramp pretty badly near the end of the race, but that's to be expected.  That distance alone is enough to send your muscles past their fatigue point.

During my 13 mile long run today, I felt like I was on the verge of a cramp the whole time.  My calves and hamstrings were twinging no matter what I tried to do, whether it was walking, running slow, or fast, or speeding up or slowing down.  I was drinking G2 during the first half of the run, and then water and Sport Beans the second half, but nothing changed.  I think I was slightly dehydrated today though, so perhaps that might be an issue.

I think I'll look at a electrolyte tablet for future runs, either Endurolyte tablets, or Succeed.  I need to do something soon though since I have another race in 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment